Monday, June 20, 2016

ADRIAN PETERSON - Adrian Peterson Day - 06/18/2016

Adrian Peterson
Signed Official NFL Football & 8x10 Photo

     It was that time of year again for Adrian Peterson Day in Palestine, TX where he grew up. Every year they have this celebration and Adrian Peterson always shows up for the support of his home town.


     Now, don't get me wrong this is not an autograph signing event. It's an event to pay tribute to one of the best running backs in the NFL and show support for his hometown of Palestine, TX. Adrian does agree to sign autographs, but limits it to 1 per person which is fine in my books.

     It is always a hot days as it is in the summer so it's not going to be a comfortable time waiting to get to meet him, but well worth it when you do. A lot of Adrian's family and friends are there and he meets with them first. Then the kids then the adults. He will sign an autograph and take photos which is awesome. Now, you may get a short signature (which is AD28 or his full signature) and it is just random on what he does, but you would like to get a full signature if possible. Well, a few of my friends got footballs signed with his full sig, but in a gold sharpie that he wouldn't swap out for a silver one. When I got to him I got the short sig AD28 (All Day 28, which it stands for) in the same gold and that;s ok, but would of liked the fuller sig, but no big deal. Plus, I was able to get a quick photo with him so that's a plus.

    About 2 hours later I tried to get him again. I had a photo from last year with him and I that I would try to sign. He already told a couple of my friends he wasn't signing again for them and I was like there is no harm in a photo of us for him to sign. He was getting ready to leave and was in the passenger side of his SUV. He was signing 6 footballs for charity and he told everyone that he is done signing after the footballs. He got to the last one and said he was done. He looked at me and seen my photo and he waved it over to him. He took it and signed it with a full signature and said he was done signing and handed the sharpie to someone and then I thanked him and left. I was really happy to get a second item signed even though it was a photo with him and I from last years event.

     All in all it was a great day and I had a good time with friends as well. You couldn't ask for much more. Now here's looking to next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment