Monday, June 20, 2016

CARL WEATHERS - Comicpalooza 2016 - 06/19/2016


Carl Weathers
Signed 11x14 Rocky Photo and 8x12 Happy Gilmore Photo

     The last guest I met and the one I always wanted to meet was the great Carl Weathers. I had 2 photos for him to sign and had great quotes if he would do them. I got in his line and was the first one as he just got back from having lunch. I shook his hand and gave him my Happy Gilmore photo. He loved the quality of the photo and asked where I got it. I told him that I found it online after searching for awhile. There is like no good quality Happy Gilmore photos out there and he even told me that I don't even have this photo. I asked him to inscribe "Tap it in" and he did and signed it and put "Chubbs" his character name.

     Next, I handed him the 11x14 photo and asked him if he would write a long quote if it was no issue. He said sure and continued to inscribe "Apollo Creed meets the Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damned monster movie." He said writing it was like a writing a book. I apologized and he was cool about it. He signed the photo and it turned out great. I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out. Carl made sure to sign in a good spot on the photo. 
     I really hope Carl comes to another show, but he is rare and doesn't do many shows at all so I was lucky enough that he was here. That was the last graph I got for the day and I couldn't be any happier with the whole show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment